Last Updated: October 31, 2013
WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information when you:
- Visit or use our Web sites.
- Complete a lead form on our Web sites.
- Communicate with us regarding our Web sites or your completion of a lead form from our Web sites.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information to:
1. Provide you with access to our Web sites.
2. Respond to your requests.
3. Contact you to verify the information you provide to us.
4. Understand and anticipate your needs and preferences.
5. Ensure our Web sites are of interest to you and help us better understand your use of our Web sites.
6. Protect the security and integrity of our Web sites.
8. Conduct internal reviews of our Web site and the products we offer.
9. Develop, enhance and market our Web sites and the products we offer.
10. Provide you with personalized information and offers relating to our Web sites and the products we offer.
11. Manage our business and operations.
12. Meet legal and regulatory requirements.
13. Provide necessary notices to you.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information to:
- Affiliates and third party service providers compiling information on our behalf to help us improve our Web sites and the products we offer.
- Affiliates and third parties, at our sole discretion, to facilitate providing you with offers from affiliates and third parties, as well as for other uses.
- We reserve the right to sell, transfer and/or license the personal information you provide us to one or more affiliates or third parties in the event we sell all or substantially all of the assets or equity of thecollegereview.com™.
CAN-SPAM ACT COMPLIANCE
We are committed to being compliant with the “Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003” (“CAN-SPAM Act”). All e-mails you receive from us are intended to fully comply with the CAN-SPAM Act.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personal information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to our Privacy Officer via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org™. Such requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted to us if not submitted pursuant to the terms of set forth above.
Last Updated: October 31, 2013
COMPLIANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT
USE OF WEB SITES
CODE OF CONDUCT
You agree that you shall not, and you shall not attempt, or otherwise authorize, encourage or support a third party’s attempts, to:
- Use our Web sites for any unlawful personal, commercial, research or information gathering purposes.
- Circumvent, re-engineer, decrypt, break or otherwise alter or interfere with our Web sites.
- Create derivative works of or reproduce, modify, distribute, sell or otherwise transfer any rights in and/or to any of the content on our Web sites.
- Meta tag, provide links to, frame or mirror our Web sites.
- Restrict, inhibit or prevent any access to, use or enjoyment of our Web sites.
Use any search engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism, including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, scraper, avatars or intelligent agents, deep link or other similar automated device, program, algorithm or methodology (other than those made available by Path56 Media and thecollegereview.com™ or other generally available third party web browsers, e.g., Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer), to access, acquire, copy, monitor, navigate or search our Web sites.
Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine," or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our Web sites or the contents of our Web sites.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Links to Third Party Web Sites
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
thecollegereview.com™ DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES THAT thecollegereview.com™ WEB SITES ARE ACCURATE, FREE OF INFECTION FROM ANY VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, TRAP DOORS, BACK DOORS, EASTER EGGS, TIME BOMBS, CANCELBOTS OR OTHER CODE OR COMPUTER PROGRAMMING ROUTINES THAT CONTAIN CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OR THAT ARE INTENDED TO DAMAGE, DETRIMENTALLY INTERFERE WITH, SURREPTITIOUSLY INTERCEPT OR EXPROPRIATE ANY SYSTEM, DATA OR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE Path56 Media AND thecollegereview.com™ WEB SITES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
Some state laws do not allow disclaimers of implied warranties. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
THE LIABILITY OF thecollegereview.com™, IF ANY, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DAMAGES FOR ANY CLAIM OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF OUR WEB SITES, ANY CONTENT ON OUR WEB SITES OR ANY PRODUCT PURCHASED FROM OUR WEB SITES, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, INFRINGEMENT OF ANY RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON, PRODUCT LIABILITY, INDEMNITY, SUBROGATION OR CONTRIBUTION, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY OR THE DELIVERY OR NON-DELIVERY OF THE PRODUCTS, SHALL NOT BE GREATER THAN THE ACTUAL PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT WITH RESPECT TO WHICH SUCH CLAIM IS MADE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL thecollegereview.com™ BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF THE LOSS OF PRESENT OR PROSPECTIVE PROFITS, EXPENDITURES, INVESTMENTS OR COMMITMENTS, WHETHER MADE IN THE ESTABLISHMENT, DEVELOPMENT OR MAINTENANCE OF BUSINESS REPUTATION OR GOOD WILL, COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, PARTS OR ACCESSORIES, COST OF CAPITAL, AND/OR THE CLAIMS OF ANY PERSON, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER. thecollegereview.com™ ASSUMES NO RISK AND SHALL BE SUBJECT TO NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OR LOSS RESULTING FROM THE SPECIFIC USE OR APPLICATION MADE OFPRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH OUR WEB SITES.
Some state laws do not allow limitations on certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you.
INDEMNIFICATION OF thecollegereview.com™
GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND VENUE
WEB SITE AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Subject Line: Attention: Customer Support